3.08.2008

Taking Scott McCloud's Advice

Maxwell Cunningham

Alex Goodwin


As the title indicates, I've taken Scott McCloud's advice and have made some head studies. In his book Making Comics he talks about the importance of making a reference for yourself that stands almost like a master or template image of what each of your characters looks like. This is something that I have needed to do for a long time. In the first pages I drew Alex and Max's faces ended up blending together with no real differences. Hopefully now that I have a solid frame of reference they will be more distinct.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got 'Alex''s nose just right. I don't recall noticing the shape before, but you got it. I'm a little behind, looking forward to catching up. Hopefully I'll see you before I head west on 5/31
-SS